Monday, April 6, 2009

Can't Make This Stuff Up....

Honestly, the police board was great to cover. These school board characters, they really are something else.


What would you say if I told you that there is a person who is running for school board that has zero faith in the Mifflin County Education system?


Call me crazy but I like my leaders to hold an optimistic view. I really don't want them to have a personal agenda or look for something to complain about. I don't want them running for the board so they can support more wild crazy witch hunts. I don't want them to have zero faith in our educational system.


What would I tell you if their was a person that was running for the school board that does not send their child to a public school?
Mrs. Sharp is currently seeking election to the Mifflin County School Board. She has a child that is school age. That child does not attend public school. This to me is a double standard. Not only that, she is running for the board with a ticket of men that promise to save Union Elementary. She apparently feels that she would do a better job educating her child than the folks at Union. That is fine, it is her decision to home school. But, why save the Union then? What is the need to save a school that she apparently has NO faith in? Maybe she could start saving the school by sending her child there.

In an article published in the Lewistown Sentinel she was quoted as saying, "It is my desire to bridge the gap between the school administration and the community in a more effective manner," What gap exists? How would you know of this gap considering your child doesn't attend a public school? Maybe you could help this gap by sending your child to school! Then get yourself involved with the Home and School Association and begin work from there. That seems to me to be a logical option. Unless, you had a hidden agenda. This would then be something to cover yourself with.

She further says, "The early years are the foundation of education." If she really feels this, why not send her child to the public school? Why not send them to the school that your group of people you are running with feel is the best school in the district?

I like my leaders to have integrity. I like my leaders to be free of hidden agendas. I like my leaders to send their children to public school.

Here is the bottom line. IF YOUR RUNNING FOR SCHOOL BOARD. YOUR KIDS SHOULD ATTEND PUBLIC SCHOOL. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.




Thanks for Reading,


Mifflin County Blog

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is unbelievable. This was from the same group that couldn't spell. This is great! Thanks for exposing them for what they are. Hidden agendas to cause harm.


KEEP IT UP BLOGGER

J. Yoder said...

Only in Mifflin County Could someone like this run for School Board. Although look at the people she is running with. She is the best one on the ticket...What a joke...keep it up...

Anonymous said...

Would it make a differance if she no children? What if her children went to a private school (Christian or non-christian)? Would you disqualify her from running then? Doesn't make one bit of differance as far as I'm concerned. Obvioulsly she has her own opinion as to how her children should be educated and feels that she has something to add. Have no idea as to who this woman is. Now that I know she homeschools her children, she gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised at all. All 4 of them are running because they have a hidden agenda. They are not running for the welfare of the district, only for power and their own ends.

Anonymous said...

I think this just exposes this whole ticket. This is the same group that doesn't even spell. Congrats Blogger. This guy is great.

Anonymous said...

If your children are homeschooled why run for the school board and tell the rest of us how to educate our children?do we tell her how to homeschool?I'm glad blogger brough this up or we would of not known.

Anonymous said...

There is such prejudice against homeschoolers (as some of these posts confirm), so I hope Sharp will bring a new perspective to the board. It's about time homeschoolers are represented.

Anonymous said...

Is the blogger going to endorse four people in this race?

cc said...

Are these, I'll call them the 'fab four,' dense? Or do they rather rely on the voters short sightedness. Isn't the purpose of a majority rule governing body to have a set number of DISTINCT minds, rather than four like-minded individuals who would surely vote together for fear of fracturing their dear friendship. This completely undermines the intent and value of the vote system and scoffs at the intelligence of the voters. When I first saw the black on white makeshift signs, all I could think was, "are you kidding?"

Onto the homeschooling issue. I've never seen anyone beat a dead horse before now, and you sure clubbed that stallions carcass. The matter seems trivial to me. If a mother wants to change a system she sees unfit for her own child then so be it. There is a conflict of interest for a member of a school board if they have a spouse employed by, or a child educated by said school district. There is no substance to this argument, just a few Ad Hominems and one big Red Herring.

One disclaimer: I'm hopeful that Ms. Sharp and the rest of the fab 4 don't win, but for reasons other than Ms. Sharp's child is homeschooled. Voters, do the students a favor and don't vote for a posse. I will tell you this, it is dangerous to vote for 4 friends on a 9 person board. These people DO have an agenda, and they are conniving. Don't let them insult your intelligence.

Anonymous said...

The blogger must have went to jail since he hasn't posted anything from April 6 to now.

Anonymous said...

The blogger probably thought twice about the anonymous blog forum where you can slander people and not give your name. I think that Channel 10 is going to do an investigative story on local blogs/bulletin boards and the legality of it all. Google has been directed by courts in other countries to reveal the bloggers' names in slander cases. Topix has as well in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Blogger are you no longer posting anything about the election... Are you going to endorse anyone?