Sunday, May 3, 2009

Change...

I sat back and began to reflect on this whole change thing. Maybe one of you out there can fill me in on what I am missing. Perhaps I am just looking over something.

The "Ticket to Chang_" has said in very public forums on more than one occasion that they are out to change administration. Which I still argue is their way of arguing against two members of their own ticket. But no one ever accused this crew of being the only members of the Greater Mifflin County Chapter Mensa Society, if you catch my drift. They have spelled campaign signs the wrong way, they have created a divide in the community, they went from being fiscally conservative to spending wildly. Basically, they are on big colossal mess.

But here is what I think is the biggie, they are arguing for a change in administration. Which, I will assume they mean Superintendent (Dave Runk) and Assistant Superintendent ( Ed Curry). Clearly, they do not mean principals. They had a chance at the last board meeting to really disagree with the status quo and vote against a hire put forth by the administration, but the two current board members on the "Ticket to Chang_" went along with it. Like they always do.

Now, I am a new follower of this school mess, and believe me its quite a mess. Upon doing my research on this issue I have found that every newspaper article I read that mentions the name, Dave Runk, it 95% of the time mentions how he put together a 0% increase in taxes. Apparently the Ticket to Chang_ feels that this is unacceptable. They instead, would apparently like to opt for an increase in taxes and an increase in spending. Which they all freely admitted they wanted to do in their interviews with the school teachers, buy everything top of the line.

Yeah, getting rid of a guy that keeps taxes low, increase spending off the charts that's exactly what the people of Mifflin County Want....WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mike Lewis sign, in Jeff Adams lawn in Belleville or (Adamsland.. All you see is his signs there) I thought was rather intresting...

Anonymous said...

I have to commend you for your well done blog. I like the fact that you only write when you have something to say. I am also of the opinion that these goofballs (the 4 running for school board as a team) are strictly out to hurt people and stop progress. It is never good to be the ticket of NO! Look at where that theory took our beloved republican party on a national level. I would ask voters to think before they vote! Which candidates are talking about the future? Which ones are talking progress? Which ones would you want the future of the county intrusted with? AND WHICH ONES ARE SIMPLY TROUBLEMAKERS LOOKING ONLY TO RUIN PEOPLES REPUTATIONS AND SOIL GREAT CAREERS! (THE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, FOR EXAMPLE) We don't need infighting and trouble! We need thinking-minded folks with the best interest of the students and the area in mind! Please you four....save your anger and hostility for your personal relationships at home and with your friends. We need doers...not whiners!!

Anonymous said...

I happened to see it in black and white today the minutes from a school board meeting where harpster, parks, and rager voted to remove music and art from the elementary schools, remove all lib. and lib. staff, and remove the gifted students coordinator.. people really need to know about this stuff I had to see the minutes with my own eyes.

Anonymous said...

Mike Lewis now appears on Jeff Adams website and has a really expensive looking web ad on it. Are they going to put it on tv?

Anonymous said...

if you were at the debate the other night It was clear Hower, Adams, Lewis, and Sigler did the best. I went in with an open mind but after the tickets preformace I cant bring myself to vote for any of them.

Anonymous said...

I saw the same minutes today also. Here are a few more not mentioned.
, ALL Literacy Coaches,( state has demanded us to keep 3 due to testing scores)
They also want to fire Runk, Curry and Varner.
They also proposed to have History as one large class in high schools in the Auditorium.
The ideas is Harpster as Pres of board once this vote is in action.
People get it together - tell the community- If you desire to have a group of people to make the right and proper decisions for your children THESE are NOT the ones you want....
Our children's education lies on the hands of all registered voters.
Parkes/Rager also NEVER EVER have done as told or said they would do at the meetings between Juniata/Mifflin for the CTC meetings.............
VOTE for the ones who will desire the best education for each student. Call your candidates= ask questions. SUPPORT THEM.