Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mifflin County Police

As I sit and begin to reflect on the situation with the Mifflin County Police department, I can't help but wonder what the future will hold.

I think the lack of leadership put forth by the board, will lead to a very large change in how the greater Mifflin County area is protected. After a while, I believe townships will start opting for State Police coverage of their respective areas.

If this were to happen, it would place a bigger strain on the remaing townships to either pick up the bill for the police department of let it dissolve. I believe it is impossible for any remaing townships to front the bill by themselves. Thus, they are left with two options. Raise taxes, get themselves kicked out of elected office and support the local police department OR due to a lack of leadership by the people they appointed, allow the police department to dissolve and opt for State Police coverage.

It is unfortunate that the lack of leadership by few will effect in a negative way the people of this county. I DO believe this problem can be solved however.

We can place all differences aside if and only if the members of the board resign.

Let us get new leadership on the board. This board is going to lead to the dimise of the police force. However with new leadership, the public will again stand behind its officers and the police force. I believe this can only happen if the board resigns. Otherwise, get ready for the Pennsylvania State Police to take over.

No comments: