Ok so my son just recently came home from a Mifflin County Elementary School. He brought with him a note from the school. They were asking for tissues.
I don't really have a problem donating to the school but what really bothers me is having to donate tissues. This district is in the process of building a brand new high school. So we have enough money to pay for a new building, but a box of kleenex is out of the question?
I know this may sound stupid. But, if our district is in bad financial shape, how is it that we can build a whole new building, but not have enough money for tissues? This is really hard for me to comprehend.
Why is it that we are failing to provide the basics, like tissues but we can afford a new school? Doesn't this sound crazy?
I was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on this, has it always been up to the parents to support the school with tissues?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I graduated in '99; I recall being asked to bring tissues into school.
That's crazy like a lot of other things they do. I had to pay for my children to go to Shavers Creek in 5th grade even though it was a required part of the curriculum.
I have 4 children, my oldest is 17 and they have been begging for tissues since he was in kindergarten 12 years ago. I've always had a bit of a problem with it. I understand if they run out halfway through the winter but they never even have enough to make it through November every single year.
Don't feel bad last year my 9 year old was having pain that bent him over,they sent him to the nurse to check his temp.Well the batteries in the thermometer were dead.When he got home we end up going to the er he had to have his appendix out in emergency surgery at midnight.Would I donate tissue no,maybe batteries.
Post a Comment