It's time for some one to be held accountable for their actions. The lack of common sense that was first reported here, and then finally in the Lewistown sentinel is alarming. I have already posted the email here once and I refuse to do it again. Let us as a community turn the page on racism and a lack of integrity by the good ol' boy network, it is time for us to find out once and for all, what is going on over there?
I read the paper with disbelief this morning. I was completely dumbfounded by a couple of the comments. Clearly, posturing has already begun to keep Mrs. Dukes in place. Mr. McCullough is pointing out that the board is still without a solicitor. This really bothers me. You don't need a solicitor to show you the difference between right and wrong. What is going on over there?
Another comment grabbed my attention, from Mr. Dailey. He would rather not give his opinion of this e-mail. Well why not? Maybe you don't find the email personally offensive. That's fine, not finding it offensive is one thing. But, realizing that it is wrong for an employee of a board you are currently a member of is spreading this selective racism around your department is another. Sitting on a board that is funded by African Americans and yes, even a few democrats, would obligate you to do the right thing; to represent all of your constituents. Not just the ones you may or may not agree with. We don't want your personal opinion Mr. Dailey, we would rather your professional one, that is if you can figure out what it is. Again I ask ,what is going on over there?
My other problem is Mrs. Dukes comment. She wasn't being racist. No not at all, she was just trying to pick on the one member of the force that was a democrat. So she would NEVER be racist, only discriminate against democrats that's all. So selective racism against a smaller group of people in this community is ok. As long as it is not simply because of the color of their skin, instead it is racism by the content of their character. I find it unbelievable that she felt comfortable enough to send this to every member of the force. What is going on over there?
It will be interesting the see what the board decides to do. I think Mr. Tunall deserves credit for calling members of the police board to the carpet. I hope members of the community do not simply let the police board, turn the page on this issue. Don't let the good ol' boy network slide something else under the carpet. It is time for people to be held accountable for their actions. The members of the community need to find out, what is going on over there.
I read the paper with disbelief this morning. I was completely dumbfounded by a couple of the comments. Clearly, posturing has already begun to keep Mrs. Dukes in place. Mr. McCullough is pointing out that the board is still without a solicitor. This really bothers me. You don't need a solicitor to show you the difference between right and wrong. What is going on over there?
Another comment grabbed my attention, from Mr. Dailey. He would rather not give his opinion of this e-mail. Well why not? Maybe you don't find the email personally offensive. That's fine, not finding it offensive is one thing. But, realizing that it is wrong for an employee of a board you are currently a member of is spreading this selective racism around your department is another. Sitting on a board that is funded by African Americans and yes, even a few democrats, would obligate you to do the right thing; to represent all of your constituents. Not just the ones you may or may not agree with. We don't want your personal opinion Mr. Dailey, we would rather your professional one, that is if you can figure out what it is. Again I ask ,what is going on over there?
My other problem is Mrs. Dukes comment. She wasn't being racist. No not at all, she was just trying to pick on the one member of the force that was a democrat. So she would NEVER be racist, only discriminate against democrats that's all. So selective racism against a smaller group of people in this community is ok. As long as it is not simply because of the color of their skin, instead it is racism by the content of their character. I find it unbelievable that she felt comfortable enough to send this to every member of the force. What is going on over there?
It will be interesting the see what the board decides to do. I think Mr. Tunall deserves credit for calling members of the police board to the carpet. I hope members of the community do not simply let the police board, turn the page on this issue. Don't let the good ol' boy network slide something else under the carpet. It is time for people to be held accountable for their actions. The members of the community need to find out, what is going on over there.
5 comments:
Is there supposed to be a link or story here?
http://www.lewistownsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/511278.html?nav=5006
Please blogger...if you find out anything about the workings of that department, please let us know! The issues within this department seem to be totally out of control! What can be done before it gets any worse? This incident is totally unacceptable, and should have "zero tolerance' in any work place! I am sickened by the comments in the Sentinel today, quoted by the secretary herself, and the board members!
I had to delete the above comment, because the claim that was made would be extremely hard to prove. If you have proof I would like to have it before it is published on the blog.
Thanks for reading,
Mifflin County Blog
Post a Comment