Well, I have gotten a lot of comments and a lot of views about Jeff Adams survey. I really found it interesting and I greatly appreciate him filling it out. So any way, here are my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth. Or, disagree with me and stop reading now. It is all up to you...
The good....
Jeff is a rather young man. He seems to look at this position with a new eye. He seems to share the same sentiment about education that most people in our area do.
His LERTA idea is a good idea.
From all of the places I have checked, he does seem to be a strong fiscal conservative. He does have a reputation of a hold the line type of man.
He is correct also in saying that there is a divide in the district. The county is divided on many issues and so is the school board.
He seems like a realist. He did not say our school district is the best in America however he also believes that it isn't the worst. I would agree with this.
He also realizes the vital role vocational education plays in our district.
I also like how he points out that the role of a school board member really is to make sure students are educated the best way possible. I doubt the current board would pass this test.
The Bad..
This Union Elementary thing has to go. I'm sorry, but it is a small building. If it comes down to raising my taxes or keeping this small building open, bye bye Union.
Enough with blaming the state for a lack of funding. I am so sick of hearing how Harrisburg is putting the screws to us.
Early education is the wave of the future. It will make our students competitive not just with students in America but around the world.
Thanks as always for reading,
Mifflin County Blog
I have also sent out three other surveys. When they have finished and completed them I will post their answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment