Hey everyone hope you are all enjoying a long weekend.
I have sent surveys out to other people who have announced that they would like to run for school board. They have not answered my e-mails. This raises concerns for me. If they are already not willing to answer questions and they aren't even elected imagine what it will be like when they are elected. It would probably like....well how things are NOW!!!!!
Any way....
Lets talk about the new strip club. Now, unlike other people I am not going to say that I am morally offended by it. I'm not going to say that I have never gone to a strip club. What I do have a problem with is the business owners. I must be honest I don't know the people that do own the business, however I would like to council them on something.
Boobs are not the answer. I mean, lets be honest. You bought a building that by all accounts is where one star restaurants go to die. Your business didn't succeed. I don't believe your business failed due to a lack of boobs. It failed because in my opinion the food wasn't good, the atmosphere was mediocre and perhaps your menu was a bit over priced. Not because of a lack of boobs. But, the brain trust of the business got together and thought, well sales are down we haven't really attracted any new people to our establishment, its been a really slow few years. Lets get some boobs in here. I understand you need to make a change, or un-change, but the point is this is the wrong direction to take. This building is by schools and churches. Not to mention the YMCA. I think if you want to open a strip club do it somewhere else. Not in the middle of the town.
As always thanks for reading,
Mifflin County Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like everyone is talking about the strip club. The crude part of me wants to tell you that regardless of what the question is, boobs are always the answer. Don't believe me - turn on your television and look at anything being marketed to men in particular.
Does the strip club bother me - absolutely not. Will it be a success - while I wish these folks luck, I would guess probably not. I remember a similar argument in the Milroy area 10-12 years ago and while there is still and adult book store, there is no strip club.
While you are schooling these business owners you may want to give some advice to some of our public officials. If we can call this a building where one star restaurants go to die, what can be said about the Mifflin County Annex building (I think that's what we're calling it now, formerly ACS Business World, formerly J Office). Wait..maybe you already hit this one as well...county government is full of boobs....and boobs are not the answer :-)
There was a female that commented on the Sentinel Website about the Gentlemens club. She said she was a mother, wife , and a member of the community and she did not think a Gentlemens Club was a bad idea. I wonder if she was looking for a job there or if she did not like being a wife for her husband and would sooner him go to the Gentlemens Club and do whatever they do there .
I wonder about the last person commenting about the lady who said a gentleman's club didn't bother her. Who are you to judge? A job there certainly pays better than Walmart, K-Mart, or Lowes, which are about the only places a person can get a job around here without an education. A strip club is not going to make a bit of difference to Lewistown, which is a dying community.
If that woman's husband doesn't have a problem with her taking her clothes off for other men since she is not very educated , GO FOR IT. I am glad she's not my kids mother.
I have to say, is it any wonder nobody for the school board answered your emails?
I mean, c'mon really?
You're just some nameless person behind an online persona - why would they even bother?
Post a Comment